Thursday, April 24, 2014

Semester

From inquiry one I took away the idea that movies can have multiple messages and we can pick up on them by doing close reading. Before this I didn't really think to look in the background of a movie to find things that would relate back to the ideas of the movie. I thought they were just backdrops really.
From the second inquiry I took away how to research a movie. I never knew there were cites that would show you old critics review. I found that really interesting as well as the fact that there are several online movie review websites. I never knew this and now use them a lot.
From Inquiry three I learned that everyone is going to like something different and that's okay it only lead us to be curious as to what is out there that we haven't seen, heard or read. I walked away from this begin more open minded about texts and even the word texts in general.
I think I will uses some of my first paragraph of inquiry one because I used a lot of voice and I found this paragraph to draw the reader in which is what writing should do. If we weren't drawn in we wouldn't keep reading the text. I also think I will use some of my research arguments from inquiry two that highlight what my theses was because I really liked my theses and think it was strong for this type of paper. Overall I think I improved as a writer and a movie watched throughout the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment